Save by printing in black and white (BW) and double-sided:
- DKU encourages printing in BW – and it’s easy to do – just print to the BW Queues.
- Print to the Color Queue only when needed.
- Printing to Color costs DKU 10 times as much as B&W printing.
- Your account will be go down by RMB 3 for each color piece of paper and only RMB 0.3 for BW.
- Print double-sided for additional savings.
- A double-side printout is half the cost of single-sided. (A four-page color printout is priced at RMB 12 single-sided, but only RMB 6 for double-sided.)
- A file will be downloaded – double-click or run the download.
- On Windows 10 machines you need to click “More Information” and “Run Anyway”
- Some virus checkers require extra approvals for the install
- On student PCs you may wish to disable your virus checker, do the install, and then restart virus check
- For PCs, look for a window that says “Installer” – and then click “Install.” (The window may be hidden under other screens.)
- For Macs, click the downloaded DMG file, then click the “Popup” file
After you install ePrint, you should print from your Mac or PC and select one of these ePrinters:
- If you print to a Ricoh, you can go to any Ricoh to get your pages.
- If you print to a Lexmark, you can go to any Lexmark to get your pages.
Academic Building ePrinters:
|AB 2nd floor, near Reception||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|AB 2nd floor, near Finance Offices||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|AB 2nd floor, 2004 mail room||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|AB 3rd floor Faculty offices||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|AB 3rd floor GHRC offices||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|AB 1st floor, in Library, left of entrance||Ricoh||BW only|
|AB 1st floor, across from Library||Lexmark||BW only|
|AB 2nd floor, near 2103||Lexmark||BW only|
|AB 3rd floor, hallway between seminar rooms||Lexmark||BW only|
Faculty Lounge ePrinter:
|Faculty Lounge, left of TV||Ricoh||Color & BW|
Conference Center ePrinter:
|CC 1st floor, near Faculty Offices||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|CC 2st floor, near UG faculty offices||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|CC 2st floor, Near iMEP program offices||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|CC 3rd floor, near south elevator||Ricoh||BW|
|CC 4th floor, near south elevator||Ricoh||BW|
Student Residence ePrinter:
|Student Residence, 2nd floor, main lounge||Ricoh||BW|
|Student Residence, 1st floor Ricoh, staff||Ricoh||BW|
Building 6 ePrinter:
|1st floor, CBRE offices||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|2nd floor, Project Office||Ricoh||Color & BW|
Innovation Building ePrinter:
|1st floor west hallway||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|1st floor north east hallway||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|2016||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|2031||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|2062||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|3028||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|3031||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|3088||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|2nd floor east hallway||Ricoh||B/W|
|3rd floor east hallway||Ricoh||B/W|
Scholars Hotel ePrinter:
|1403||Ricoh||Color & BW|
|1402||Ricoh||Color & BW|
How to use ePrint
- Print from your PC or Mac and select one of these ePrinters:
- ePrint-Ricoh-Color; or
- It will request your NetID.
- Go to an ePrinter (a Ricoh or a Lexmark, depending on which one you selected)
- Swipe your ID card on the Card Scanner. (It will beep.)
- Select “Print All” (or select the documents you wish to print).
- When done, log out to avoid accidental charges going onto your account. (One way to logout: Swipe your card again.)
- You can print any number of documents from your PC, then go to a printer and get them all at once.
- If you do not print a document from an ePrinter within 12 hours, it will be deleted from ePrint (and there will be no charge).
- If your desired ePrinter has a problem, you can go to another ePrinter to get your pages.
ePrint accounts for faculty and staff
- Faculty and staff will have unlimited pages for this academic year.
- Your account will initially be credited with RMB 8,000 (much more than anyone will need).
- By starting with a (large) fixed amount, we can track spending by department.
ePrint accounts for students
- Students are given RMB 2,400 in ePrint funding to cover their entire academic period. This is enough to print 16,000 BW images (pages) onto 8,000 pieces of paper. This should be more than enough for student printing needs.
- Students should print in BW.
- There are no refunds for unspent ePrint funds.
Copying and scanning
Copying and scanning can be performed by faculty and staff (and by students only when requested to do so by faculty or staff).
- Go to a Ricoh ePrinter and scan your card.
- Press the “Home” key.
- Press the “Scan” or “Copy” button, then scan or copy as normal.
- Copies will be charged to your ePrint account at the same rate as printing. Scanning is free.
- Copy in BW when possible. Color is 10 times as expensive as BW
- When done, log out to avoid accidental charges going onto your account. (Easy way to logout: Swipe your card again.)